Source: Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, Text: CIC
c. Other key workers
Third country nationals, who with their qualifications want to take up a position as a key worker in a company, can receive an RWR Card for twelve months if they
1. have the minimum points necessary according to the catalogue of criteria (page 5)
2. receive the statutory minimum gross pay from the intended employer.
- for the under 30’s: 50% of the Maximum Contributions according to the General Social Insurance Act (ASVG) (2011: €2,325 gross per month), plus supplementary payments
- for the over 30’s: 60% of the Maximum Contributions according to the General Social Insurance Act (ASVG) €2,790 gross per month), plus supplementary payments and
3. the employer’s Job Centre (AMS) is unable to find any equally qualified native key workers, or foreign ones who have already integrated and been pencilled in by the Job Centre (labour market test).
How do I proceed?
For the most part, the same criteria apply as with professionals. Key workers who have special knowledge or skills do not have to prove a formal educational attainment. Professional athletes and professional sports trainers receive 20 bonus points.
Back to the Red-White-Red Card